POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity & Media ????????? : Re: Radiosity & Media ????????? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity & Media ?????????
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 3 Feb 1999 10:59:13
Message: <36B872B7.C89811E8@Kopp.com>
I think the real problem here is that radiosity is only computed for objects
at a trace depth of 1.  When a light beam hits the plane behind the media,
it has already exceeded a depth of 1 (because it went through the container,
so radiosity calculations are not done.  I'm not sure exactly why this
limitation exists.

-Nathan